Monday 22 April 2019

5 Energy Boosting Tips from Olympian & Mum Eloise Wellings

Eloise Wellings, a two-time Olympian, philanthropist and mum extraordinaire is not only a professional athlete – she also juggles motherhood, being an ambassador for Ubiquinol and a founding director of her charity Love Mercy. Continue reading to discover how Eloise preserves her energy levels and makes the most out of every busy day…

Tip 1: Sleep

In order to stay on top of her energy levels Eloise really values her sleep. She knows how vital it is to get enough sleep – especially with her gruelling training schedule. Eloise says she aims to get at least 8 hours of sleep each night, adding “It’s important for me to go to bed at a reasonable time – I aim to be in bed by 9:30, so I can get up early enough to train in the morning before I get my daughter ready for school.”

Tip 2: Diet

Following a clean diet doesn’t just mean following a strict routine for Eloise. “I aim to eat the right ‘types’ of food” says Eloise, “Everything I eat serves a purpose” she added. She aims to include iron-rich foods to fuel both her brain and her body, as well as eating lean meats and wholegrains. As well as this, she tries to include as many B-vitamins as possible and complex carbs such as brown rice or sweet potato.

Tip 3: Supplements

As well as maintaining a healthy and balanced diet, Eloise also takes two supplements. Firstly, she takes a Magnesium supplement which helps to relax her muscles and manages muscle fatigue and cramps.[i] She also takes a Ubiquinol supplement. Ubiquinol is the active form of CoQ10 (CoenzymeQ10) and assists with both inflation and maintaining energy levels.[ii] 

Tip 4: Exercise

“I usually try to fit 3 training sessions in each day, depending on what events I have coming up” explained Eloise. “The endorphins I get from exercising make me feel amazing, I really notice a change in my mood and energy levels” Eloise said, ‘I feel quite sluggish when I don’t train’, she added. Eloise suggested that everyone should aim to fit in at least half an hour of exercise each day. “Even if it is just a brisk walk to and from the bus stop, or lunch time walk around the block – it’ll make you feel so much better and far more energised” said Eloise.

Tip 5: Hydration

“I aim to drink at least eight cups of water a day” said Eloise. She expressed how important she believes it is to drink as much water as possible. “Try to keep a water bottle with you all the time; in the car, on your desk and especially when you’re exercising.”


[i] https://www.nps.org.au/news/magnesium-a-treatment-for-leg-cramps

[ii] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5268485/

The post 5 Energy Boosting Tips from Olympian & Mum Eloise Wellings appeared first on Fitness In The City.



source http://fitnessinthecity.com.au/move/fitness-move/5-energy-boosting-tips-from-olympian-mum-eloise-wellings

No comments:

Post a Comment